[asterisk-dev] IAX2 OSP support - issue 8531

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Apr 11 19:48:13 MST 2007

I have been looking at the code in issue 8531 a bit today:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8531

However, my current feeling is that now that Tilghman's IAX2 remote variables
patch has been merged, this change isn't necessary at all.  An OSP token can be
handled just like any other variable.

In fact, the way the patch is written, you can use the two methods
interchangeably and chan_iax2 will treat them the same.  The code would actually
send the OSP token in both the new OSP information element, as well as a generic
variable element.

The patch introduces a new dialplan function, IAXCHANINFO(), which lets you set
the OSP token.  However, as I read the code, you could set it with either
IAXCHANINFO() or IAXVAR(), and retrieve it with either one on the other side as
well.

The last comment in the report indicates that Kevin may have said in discussion
that he agreed it should be its own information element.  Kevin, if you still
feel this way, what's the reason?  Can anyone else think of a reason it should
be handled differently or do you agree that it should already be accounted for?

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer