[asterisk-dev] latex doc files

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Mon Apr 9 12:56:15 MST 2007

I am a bit concerned about the addition of Latex to our toolset.

It's hard to get developers that submit code to add doxygen comments.
It's even harder
to ask them to write documentation.

To add Latex knowledge to the requirements, will make it even worse.
That means that
we will shift all the documentation production and management to a
small group of
contributors.

I understand the need for more layout options that .txt files. html
could handle that
*and* still work with Doxygen, that we use today. I don't think .tex
files can be handled
by Doxygen the way we include .txt files today.

It's not that I don't appreciate Russell's efforts to produce better
docs. It's about
the format and tool used.

/O