[asterisk-dev] SOX creates distortion on WAVE to GSM conversion

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Apr 9 09:41:55 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 09:14 -0700, Al Lougher wrote:
> Hi --
>
> SOX has been giving me problems recently with converting WAVE files to
> GSM. It seems that after 20 or so conversions there is a memory
> leakage which causes distortion beeing applied to the end of each
> file.
>
> Has anyone seen this happen before? This is using the Windows SOX
> executable.

Thanks for playing, you failed on a few things here.

First, we work with Asterisk here. Sox questions should go to the
appropriate Sox mailing list.

Second, You did not discuss anything related to the development of
Asterisk. This means at best this is a User question.

My first suggestion to you would to be dump windows and get a real OS.
Then you will have learned enough to know what mailing lists to use for
the tool you are using.