[asterisk-dev] rtp in core

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Wed Apr 4 13:11:01 MST 2007

4 apr 2007 kl. 21.47 skrev Clod Patry:

> hi,
> is there any reason why the rtp is in the core and not possibly a
> module?
> I mean, if your * just receive and throw zap channels, having this
> rtp in the core is really pointless.
>
> The problem is that for embeded system, the final bin is pretty
> huge, since it has so much stuff built-in (rtp is just one).
>
> Could we port rtp.c to a module (res_rtp.c, maybe), which would
> offer the possibility to unload it in some setups, where rtp isnt
> implicated.

I agree that it would be a good thing for those systems that has no
RTP based channel. The issue would be all the hooks that
go from other modules to RTP, it's not a simple interface to have
stubs for.

Code on, code on.

But honestly, Asterisk without SIP? Come on, it's like ABBA without
Frida !

/O ;-)