[asterisk-dev] The New CDR system

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Sun Apr 1 10:07:05 MST 2007

On Sunday, April 1, 2007, 04:15:16, Tim Panton wrote:
> On 31 Mar 2007, at 17:17, Rod Dorman wrote:
>> I can understand Tzafrir's point of view. The IAX2 protocol draft
>> states
>>      "Full frames are sent reliably, so all full frames require an
>>      immediate acknowledgment upon receipt"
>> whereas  TCP  utilizes a sliding window protocol that doesn't
>> require an ACK for every individual transmission.
>
> Actually if you cared to it would be legitmate for an IAX implementation
> to ACK a number of fullframes by just acking the _last_ one, this
> implicitly acks all the earlier full-frames in that call.

I'm having difficulty finding where in the IAX2 draft that is specified.
Its  not  stated  in "6.11.1. ACK acknowledgement Message" where I would
expect to find it.

The closest thing I can find is in "7. Message Transport" where it says:
   " ... And if the message is a reliable message, the incoming
    message counter MUST be used to acknowledge all the messages
    up to that sequence number which have been sent."

But the way I interpret that it requires that each reliable message MUST
be individually acknowledged.

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh