[asterisk-dev] Call Forwarding Detail Needed

Arpit Mehta am2866 at columbia.edu
Sun Apr 1 00:34:53 MST 2007

Hi,

I just want to know if Asterisk handles a looping case and where does it
handle that .

A--> B --> C--> D --> B

If A calls  B ,
  B call fwds to C ,
  C call fwds to D ,
  D call fwds to B . Now there is a loop .
How does asterisk prevent this loop? I just to know where (as in which
module in the Asterisk source code) and how is this prevented (that is if a
data structure of all the numbers that it has call fwded to is passed on to
B,C,D so that it can detect a loop)?

Thanks. I hope you understand my scenario. Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Arpit