[asterisk-dev] shutting down zaptel spans

Fri Sep 29 00:04:37 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> ----- Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
>> When is there a need to shut down zaptel spans from userspace?
>
> I'm not aware of any benefit of doing so.

What if I want to "reset" an E1 link remotely without stopping asterisk?
Sometimes connected PBXs behaves strange and restart of the E1 link
solves the problem. For this I could unplug the E1 link (if I am
physically at the Asterisk location) or stop/start asterisk/zaptel.

Or is there a command to shut down a PRI link without stopping asterisk?

regards
klaus