Load Testing (was Re: [asterisk-dev] Rate limiting traffic to address potential DoS issues?)

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Wed Sep 27 08:11:55 MST 2006

Jared Smith wrote:
> I know I talked to several people about this at VON -- does anybody have
> a lead on some good high-end VoIP call generators we can use to test
> Asterisk and make it better?

At various points this last year, I have had access to a Spirent Abacus,
but nobody could tell me how they wanted me to profile Asterisk.   I
provided oprofile data to various people, but I never received any
feedback other than 'try to use gprof' and see what it says. However, in
the limited time I had, I couldn't figure out exactly what gprof was
needing to get any sort of data out of it.

I can request access to another Abacus for Astricon, if a few of us
dedicate to make a serious effort to get some good data this time.

Jeremy McNamara