[asterisk-dev] How to send SIP replies to another Asterisk?

Hauke Joachim Zuehl hz at outbox.de
Wed Sep 27 04:17:42 MST 2006

Hi Mikael (and others),

On Mi, 2006-09-27 at 11:02 +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> Hauke Joachim Zuehl wrote / skrev:

> I don't think it's supported by Asterisk, but the RECOMMENDED mapping
> for ISUP cause code 21 "call rejected" is 603 if the location is 'user',
> according to RFC 3398 - Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) User
> Part (ISUP) to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Mapping.

Well, that was just an example :)
The point is that I want to send replies on my own just for the other
Asterisk to react on the message.

603 Declined is like saying "An error occured" to me.
Well...what error? :)

Another example:
Sending back an 403 with message "Unknown user" if user is not known or
403 "Wrong password" if user is okay but password is wrong.

Btw:
I know there is function SendText (or so)...but that's not what I need.

> Mikael

Kind regards,
Hauke