[asterisk-dev] New codec support in chan_skinny

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Tue Sep 26 12:20:47 MST 2006

----- Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com> wrote:
> I'm testing the new codec support that qwell commited to
> chan_skinny this morning, and it looks good for the most
> part except for g729.
>
> Any time I add g729 to an allow list, it is ignored.  If
> I only allow g729 it is still enabling the ulaw and alaw
> codecs based on the phone offering them.
>
> Packetization is working on ulaw/alaw, but I cannot trigger
> a G729 so far.  Any thoughts before I dig into the codec
> negotiation code in chan_skinny?
>
> Dan

I did test G.729, and it worked for me..

It should be defaulting to ulaw and alaw being allowed.  If you want to use something besides those, you'll need to disallow them (ast_best_codec will choose them over anything else, iirc).  I do believe this is the same way any of the other channel drivers work - where it has default codecs that are allowed.

--
Jason Parker
Digium