[asterisk-dev] Re: Advice of charge

Tue Sep 26 05:10:14 MST 2006

Tomislav Parčina wrote:
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7495
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7494
>>
>> It is in use since 2 month without problems (1.2)
>
> Hi Klaus!
>
> Thank you for link. I have read those pages and as far as I understand this patch only allows pass true of AOC messages. This is useful, however it doesn't provide ability to store AOC information's in database.
>
> Is there any work done with storing those information's in database so that I can do billing in Asterisk?

No. I once tried to create a channel variable during hangup. Then, in
the hangup extension this variable was added to the user defined CDR
field. This generally works, but only if the call leg hangs up, on which
the AOC is received. In other cases (e.g. sip to zap calls) when the SIP
user hangs up, I had to fetch the last AOC-D value from the bridged
channel, which does not work well. There should be a generic method in
Asterisk for storing/retrieving AOC, thus I stoped my work.

regards
klaus