[asterisk-dev] Problem with 1.4b2 and native sounds

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Mon Sep 25 09:45:47 MST 2006

I tripped over this last Friday, but only now have I had a chance
to dig into it.

I have been using native format sounds (ulaw, g729) with gsm loaded
as a backup.  Since installing 1.4b2 a number of prompts, mostly related
to conferencing, produce a warbling whitenoise.

To rule out my application  I have been testing direct playback through
the dialplan:

  '8702' =>         1. Answer()
                    2. Wait(1)
                    3. Playback(conf-peopleinconf)
                    4. Hangup()

conf-thereare and  conf-peopleinconf show this clearly.  So far all
calls have been using ulaw.  I noticed zttranscode loaded, so I removed
it,
and as likely expected, it made not difference.  I moved the ULAW, G729
and
GSM versions of conf-peopleinconf selectively to force transcoding, no
improvement.

Removing all versions generates a proper warning that frp app_playback
that the prompt cannot be found.

Is there any other tests I can run to help narrow the issue down?

Dan