[asterisk-dev] Voicemail imap storage.

Sergey Okhapkin sos at sokhapkin.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 24 10:19:27 MST 2006

On Sunday 24 September 2006 12:38, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> > 1. I run courier-imap server, which does not support "/authuser="
> > directive,
> > need a way to login to imap using mailbox owner credentials.p
>
> This will not happen. The IMAP storage code uses a single connection to the
> server so that it can access any mailboxes that it needs to access; there
> is no support for storing authentication credentials for each voicemail
> mailbox. Nearly every IMAP server supports /authuser= now, you should
> consider using one that is more up-to-date.

I will disagree here. The application should be capable to work with any imap
server. I see nothing wrong with per-user connection, allowing to store
voicemail messages on per-user or per-context based imap server. Why all
voicemails should be stored on the same server? In most cases voicemail imap
server configuration should be context-based.

> > 2. Configurable imap path to store messages. I don't want voicemail in
> > INBOX,
> > but in INBOX.Voicemal.New, INBOX.Voicemail.Old etc.
>
> Patches are welcome.

I will work on it. app_voicemail should not use "sendmail" to send the
voicemail message to user's imap mailbox, but mail_append() instead. The rest
should be simple.

> > 3. app_voicemail have to #include "linkage.c" before mail_open() call
> > initialize c-client, this is required for at least  c-client 2002.
>
> That is an extremely old version of c-client; the code was developed
> against imap-2004g, and has also been tested against what will be come
> imap-2006.

However, it's the only c-client version marked as "stable" on gentoo linux.
The "include" statement will not hurt later c-client versions also.

> > 4. Different storage type (files/imap/odbc) configurable on global and
> > per-mailbox level.
>
> The current structure of app_voicemail will not allow for this.

I will work on it also. That's why my original question was "Is somebody
actively working on these issues", I don't want to reinvent the wheel.