[asterisk-dev] OT But So Ungodly Important

Rushowr rushowr at phreaker.net
Fri Sep 22 23:36:36 MST 2006

Gents,

First, let me apologize for cross-posting and for posting off topic.
Cross post was only to reach members of one list that may not be on the
other.

Those of you that know me, know that I don't post off topic very often,
let alone put out a list wide request for help. however, a client of
mine is part of a rather large webhost company. You all may have read
that there is a new exploit that can be run against users of outlook &
internet explorer, using VML. Once the exploit is run, it not only
allows code to be run on the client machine, but apparently it spreads
itself across servers connected to the now infected _SERVER_. This
problem is currently spreading across a huge number of hosting
companies, and I've been asked to use any and all contacts I can to get
help with trying to find a resolution. Currently, verisign, paypal, and
quite a few other companies are assisting us and others, but this is
about to reach critical mass.

If anyone thinks they may be able to help, please contact me ASAP. In
case you don't know me by this email, but maybe by a previous list email
(that is no longer used because I don't work there anymore), my previous
list email(s) is/are:

sherwood at viatalk.com
madprofzero at yahoo.com

Thank you all for your consideration, and I must apologize profusely for
needing to resort to these lists, but I don't have many other contacts I
can connect with other than via this list.
--
S McGowan
VoIP Consultant
rushowr at phreaker.net