[asterisk-dev] Hello

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Sep 22 00:25:43 MST 2006

22 sep 2006 kl. 09.13 skrev Alexandr Olekhnovich:

> Hello all
> I have a question: whether asterisk supports instant messaging
> outside a
> call, and if any patch exist?

The core does not support that yet. We discussed this at AstriDevCon
in Pisa
and have a plan for the coming release, after 1.4.

There are some patches in the bug tracker, but they are experimental
and do
not really reflect what we're going to do.

That said: As you imply, Asterisk does support instant messaging
within the
context of a call. It depends on the channel and the endpoint.

We also have SMS and Jabber integration in the dialplan,
other integration can easily be done with third party software run
through
the system() application.

/Olle

---