[asterisk-dev] streaming Asterisk audio online

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Wed Sep 20 00:58:06 MST 2006

On 19 Sep 2006, at 15:26, Christian Croft wrote:

> Can anyone point me towards some resources for streaming Asterisk
> phone call channels live on the web?  Has anyone looked into doing
> this, or is it even possible?

We have a java applet that does it via an IAX call direct to asterisk,
this is good where you care about low-latency but all the users
will have their own asterisk channels.

Otherwise you will need to look at embedding an audio client in the page
(eg quicktime/flash/real/WindowsMediaPlayer/winamp) and a server that
goes from SIP/IAX to their streaming media -
I seem to remember some integration into icecast was mentioned a
while back.
You will get much higher latency with this sort of set up - lots of
buffers
involved - but probably more scalable.

(best to take this to asterisk-users or off-list)

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com/cards.html