[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny - call to turned off phone causes deadlock (r43208)

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Mon Sep 18 14:00:44 MST 2006

Hello,
I'm using 7920 registered to current asterisk svn version,
it working fine, but when I turn off phone, asterisk doesn't correctly
handle unregister proces
when I call to this phone, I can hear normal ringback and asterisk
deadlocks,
"stop now" does nothing, I must kill asterisk process.
I can see active call in "show channels" output, but without any
details, like:

ipbx*CLI> show channels verbose
Channel              Context              Extension        Prio State
Application  Data                      CallerID        Duration
Accountcode BridgedTo
0 active channels
3 active calls

normal status, phone ON and registered
ipbx*CLI> skinny show devices
Name                 DeviceId         IP              Type            R NL
-------------------- ---------------- --------------- --------------- - --
PJ                   SEP000D288E664B  193.179.xxx.xxx  7920            Y  1

after turning phone OFF:

ipbx*CLI>
[Sep 18 22:50:22] WARNING[14186]: chan_skinny.c:4048 get_input: read()
returned error: Connection reset by peer
[Sep 18 22:50:22] NOTICE[14186]: chan_skinny.c:4132 skinny_session:
Skinny Session returned: Connection reset by peer

no IP is OK, but incorrect register status as "Y"?

ipbx*CLI>
ipbx*CLI> skinny show devices
Name                 DeviceId         IP              Type            R NL
PJ                   SEP000D288E664B  0.0.0.0         7920            Y  1

correct status  as "N" after stop/start asterisk
ipbx*CLI> skinny show devices
Name                 DeviceId         IP              Type            R NL
PJ                   SEP000D288E664B                  No Device       N  1

Asterisk SVN-trunk-r43208