[asterisk-dev] open letter

Frank Church voipfc at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 18 05:05:11 MST 2006

Don't you think it may be better to ask him to explain what
shortcomings he found in Asterisk which led him to give it up, even if
it has to be off-list, rather than have a go at him for it?

It might make Asterisk a better product.

The fact that his comment lacks sensitivity which he himself admints
to, doesn't mean that his feelings may not be genuine. It could be
that he planned to use Asterisk in ways that it is not ready for yet.

I have seen many posts from him to this newsgroup and I don't think it
is okay to assume that he has given it up without really trying well
enough within the limits of his time and his resources.

In any case his manner was rather insensitive.