[asterisk-dev] IPv6

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Sun Sep 17 12:35:41 MST 2006

Le 06-09-17 à 10:59, Kevin P. Fleming a écrit :

> ----- Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info> wrote:
>> I wonder if there's a developer working on IPv6 support?
>> If not, is there any interest in someone working on ipv6
>> support?
>> I would be very happy if it's there, and since my C skills
>> are being trained every day now I can help :)
>
> Yes, there are a couple of people working on it. Hopefully they
> will speak up here :-)

;-)

IPv6 status:
= "done". initial ipv6-sip calls working well.
= is an "important" patch as the number of hunks and also because of
"structural" changes for networking code.
= was done the way one normally port an application to IPv6: i.e.
make the application (i.e. chan_sip here) IP version un-aware (as
much as one can) by using the new socket API (RFC3493)
= this means that we want to heavily test it internally before
releasing it. We very recently got some (hard) IP phones IPv6-enabled
to test. We are also awaiting one (soft) IP phone vendor to provide a
beta build of their IPv6 version. With all these testing, we should
be in good shape.
= this also means having future discussions with other developers
involved in networking to "adopt" the new socket calls, etc...
= was done on a few months old SVN trunk version. need to remerge
with current trunk.
= intent to remerge after 1.4 and then release it.
= this port is for basic IPv6 functionality. No "complex" stuff such
as ANAT (RFC4091, RFC4092) or signaling in one IP and then media in
other IP, has been touched yet.

A talk is scheduled during Astricon, in the developer track. We will
be discussing all of this at that time. Please come!

Marc.