[asterisk-dev] Re: Note about mpg123

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sat Sep 16 10:42:17 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> ----- Alistair Cunningham <acunningham at integrics.com> wrote:
>> Will the new code provide this functionality?
>
> What 'new code' are you talking about? There have not been any changes that would support storing a specific file path for MOH playback rather than a class name that is provided by res_musiconhold. The only changes coming in Asterisk 1.4 are that the musiconhold.conf file has now been restructured to fit the 'normal' configuration style, which means it could be Realtime-enabled if someone wanted to write the code to support that (unlike the old format, which was not Realtime capable).

Kevin,

That would be a "no" then, though if the realtime code were written,
this would be an acceptable alternative as we could have a separate
class or classes for every customer.

Is anyone already working on realtime musiconhold.conf?

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/