[asterisk-dev] Re: Note about mpg123

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sat Sep 16 03:07:43 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tony is right; native file MOH is exactly the same as just using Playback() in terms of performance and system load.

This reminds me of a question discussed a few months ago. I enquired as
to the possibility of:

SetMusicOnHoldFile(/arbitrary/path/on/filesystem)

Where the file specified would be in a native format. Asterisk would
then play the file in a similar manner to Playback(). The file specified
would not be in musiconhold.conf (which would be used at all), but
rather set by our FastAGI to use a file on an NFS mount.

This would allow customers on an Enswitch system to upload their own
.wav files for MOH on the web interface and have it used on all
Asterisks in a cluster without needing to update every musiconhold.conf
(which for a system with thousands of customers each wanting their own
files is not really option).

Will the new code provide this functionality?

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/