[asterisk-dev] NFAS Primary-Secondary D Issue

Butler, Larry lbutler at intercall.com
Fri Sep 15 15:01:05 MST 2006

I have an ISDN NFAS group configured in zapata.conf
(asterisk1.2.9.1-netsec) with primary and seconday D channels. If the
carrier fails over signaling to Secondary and Asterisk is restarted, the
primary D channel is always marked as ACTIVE and secondary marked
STANDBY. As a result signaling is split (Inbound is being received on
the secondary and outbound is being sent on primary) and the call is
terminated.

Looking for a workaround, I find that if I run /sbin/ztcfg the primary
is kicked over to active on the carrier side and all is well. I can add
this to the rc script but am unsure if this is a viable work around.

I opened issue 0007963 in mantis under the libpri project (though I am
not sure that this is the location of the issue).

Any hints as to where to begin looking in code are greatly appreciated.

Larry Butler

lbutler at intercall.com

Software Engineer

Intercall, Inc. - A Subsidiary of West Corporation

Office: (334) 768-7055 | Mobile: (706) 773-1589