[asterisk-dev] Need help for 4E1 config

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Fri Sep 15 05:31:39 MST 2006

Hello,

E1s usually uses HDB3 line coding (or AMI line coding) with optional CRC4
checking, so B8SZ coding is totally wrong.
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,
span=2,2,0,ccs,hdb3,
span=3,3,0,ccs,hdb3,
span=4,4,0,ccs,hdb3,

>From top of /etc/zaptel.conf:
# The framing is one of "d4" or "esf" for T1 or "cas" or "ccs" for E1
# Note: "d4" could be referred to as "sf" or "superframe"
# The coding is one of "ami" or "b8zs" for T1 or "ami" or "hdb3" for E1
# E1's may have the additional keyword "crc4" to enable CRC4 checking

WBR,
Paul.