[asterisk-dev] IMAP email storage proposal and question

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Thu Sep 14 13:43:31 MST 2006

I have read doc/imapstorage.txt and the following comes to mind.

I would strongly prefer to have my voice mail messages stored in a
sub-folder. For example, I'd like to have the following IMAP email
structure:

INBOX
INBOX.Trash
INBOX.Drafts
INBOX.Sent
INBOX.Mom
INBOX.VoiceMail
INBOX.VoiceMail.Old
INBOX.VoiceMail.Work
INBOX.VoiceMail.Family
INBOX.VoiceMail.Friends

How about for each mailbox definition an additional setting:

imapprefix=<imap folder prefix>

Maybe with the ability to set a default setting in voicemail.conf.

Is there a problem with the default Cyrus IMAP hierarchy delimiter of
'.'? Most IMAP clients can auto detect the delimiter or have it be
defined.

Dax Kelson