[asterisk-dev] chan_h323 warnings

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Sep 13 08:49:03 MST 2006

I'm getting these when reaching more than a handful simultaneous H323
channels:

channel.c:787 channel_find_locked: Avoided initial deadlock for
'0x82096a0', 10 retries!

Of course it gets worse as the load increases... This makes the ASR
(answer seizure ratio) pretty bad... any ideas how to fix? My asterisk
config is very minimal.

I have tried chan_ooh323c (1.2 SVN version) but it doesn't seem to work
for outbound calls... it rings but then the call is hanged immediately,
like if there was a codec issue (which there isn't, since it "works"
with chan_h323).

That being said, chan_ooh323 works better than chan_h323 for inbound
calls, as it actually passes early h245 media (which chan_h323 doesn't
seem to do).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.