[asterisk-dev] Outgoing callerid in AMI

Mir michael.sysdba at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 01:27:31 MST 2006

Hello

I have a problem with callerid in the manager interface.

I think that Asterisk has a strange way to handle callerid, until I
found out to set the o-switch in the DIAL statement, it did not work
the way I wanted, it still doesnt, but now it works ok in one
direction.

My extension is 311, if 310 tries to call me, and I do a STATUS
request on the manager interface, I get this back:

Event: Status
Privilege: Call
Channel: SIP/311-08b97790
CallerID: 310
CallerIDName: Aastra
Account:
State: Ringing
Uniqueid: 1157967815.19

This is correct, I can see that the callerid is 310

However, if I call 310, and do a STATUS request, I get this back:

Event: Status
Privilege: Call
Channel: SIP/311-08b8dd58
CallerID: 311
CallerIDName: Snom
Account:
State: Ring
Context: macro-vm
Extension: s
Seconds: 4
Uniqueid: 1157967902.20

Not very useful, the callerid is 311 (myself), and there is no
information that I'm trying to call 310.

Is there a way to fix this, that I have overlooked?

Michael