[asterisk-dev] PRI: help to understand why Asterisk drops calls(Got restart ack)

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Tue Sep 12 06:57:54 MST 2006

Hi Paul,
you were right...the message disappeared.
I'd like to have no warnings in my log...it seems that the message:

WARNING[21314] chan_zap.c: Ring requested on channel 0/1 already in use
on span 1.  Hanging up owner

appears too many times (and randomly..).

I read on internet that it is due to the telco which send request to
establish a call on a channel but Asterisk has not freed it yet....is it
true?
Is it a bug or can be avoided setting some parameter inside zapata.conf?

Thank you!

Giorgio Incantlupo