[asterisk-dev] Try chan_skype

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Sep 11 23:50:37 MST 2006

On 09/12/06 01:19 Jean-Michel Hiver said the following:
> b) Is it GPL compliant to write commercial modules that link against
> Asterisk - isn't that considered a "derived work"? I wouldn't think so,
> unless Digium made an exception to the GPL for third party modules...

as it stands right now, they havent distributed the software, so the GPL
provisions about providing source do not come into play. all they're
providing right now is a "service" of converting your incoming SIP to Skype.

this is quite similar to how companies like google modify gpl software, use
  it and still dont release the source.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/