[asterisk-dev] bug #7911

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Mon Sep 11 03:02:29 MST 2006

Raphael Jacquot wrote:

> the resolution of http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7911 appears to me
> as a case of "lets not bother with this" wereas there's a real
> underlying problem
>
> I installed the sound bits with the make menuselect and then make
> install stuff, and the sound bits were set in the following pattern
>
> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/
>                          fr/
>                             digits/
>
> which actually makes sense. you add a directory for all the french
> stuff, then replicate the subdirectories of the default language (in
> this case, english). this allows removing or installing new languages by
> just copying a single directory tree under the sounds directory

I'd like to add my support for this. Our customers frequently get the
sound files for Asterisk re-recorded in their own corporate voice, and
we configure this as a new language so that Asterisk upgrades don't
overwrite them. It would be convenient not to have custom subdirectories
at multiple places in the directory tree.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/