[asterisk-dev] internal_timing on 1.2? clock drift?

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 15:15:42 MST 2006

Is the internal_timing patch likely to be backported into a future 1.2.x
release, or do people just have to wait for 1.4?

Also, I notice the timing is a little off with ztdummy.  Is this expected?

Notice how here, we have 236ms, 255ms, 276ms, ...

22:24:52.236247 IP 195.8.117.24.10066 >
22:24:52.255782 IP 195.8.117.24.10066 >
22:24:52.276346 IP 195.8.117.24.10066 >

and then, 40 seconds later, 212ms, 231ms, 252ms, ...

22:25:34.212056 IP 195.8.117.24.10066 >
22:25:34.231631 IP 195.8.117.24.10066 >
22:25:34.252104 IP 195.8.117.24.10066 >

In the above tests, I used iptables to block all other incoming RTP
streams.  The outgoing RTP stream from Asterisk was coming from music on
hold.

Regards,

Daniel