[asterisk-dev] Digium G.729 codec binaries updated (or DEA is a bonehead)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Sep 7 06:01:53 MST 2006

----- Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com> wrote:
> I've had a chance to run a few more tests.  I disabled transcode via
> SLIN and tried a few more calls.  Any transcoding between endpoints
> (G729<->ULAW) results in a load white-noise like static with no
> discernable traces of the original audio signal.  A G729 call into
> a MeetMe room results in an instant segfault.

Very bizarre indeed. I had a couple of people test these before uploading them, and they appeared to work properly.

Can you tell which CPU-optimized version you are using, and on what specific type of CPU? Does the problem occur if you use a less-optimized version (like the i686 or i386 one)?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer