[asterisk-dev] Digium's response to posting of G.729 andG.723source code

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Sep 6 16:30:08 MST 2006

Replying to myself-
> The good news is that it does load (SVN-r41990)

> The bad news is that a G729 call into a MeetMe segfaults,
> and a call that requires transcoding  G729<->ULAW produces
> only nasty static.  Using the I686/32bit build on a PIII

This does appear to be a transcoding issue, as a G729<->G729
call is fine.  The MeetMe segfault occurs during the enter
sound.  I have G729 native sound files, so the "You are the
only person..." intro plays just fine.