[asterisk-dev] Packetization update (bugid 5162)

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Sep 5 13:53:11 MST 2006

Following up on the post last week about porting the RTP
packetization feature to addition RTP-based channels.

These channel drivers now have support for adjustable RTP
packetization-
	chan_sip	(may need tweaks for 'guest' endpoints)
	chan_skinny (ULAW only, per existing limitations)
	chan_ooh323	(Asterisk-Addons)

These channel drivers have not been updated-
	chan_h323
	chan_jingle
	chan_mgcp

Chan_jingle would be easy to update, but I don't know
if the common endpoints support packetization options, so
it might not be worthwhile.  Chan_mgcp is also a fairly
easy module to update, but I cannot test it, and do not
know if commmon MGCP endpoints would benefit.

Chan_h323 is the least trivial to update, but common endpoints
can use packetization, and has a large potential audience.

If I can get some feedback from the maintainers, or even users,
of chan_h323, chan_jingle and chan_mgcp about endpoint support
for configurable packetization, I can impliment this feature
for these channels.

Thanks,
Dan