[asterisk-dev] Data Modem calls passthrough

Greg Varga gvarga at bvcompuworks.com
Mon Sep 4 09:23:49 MST 2006

We have a similar setup here working...  We connect a Asterisk server to
a T1 incoming line.  We then connect a second T1 from Asterisk to the
Dialup Modem system (this case a Ascend Max4000).

All we had to do is to fix the Echo Canceler being turn on when the call
connect. I still have to visit that part of the code before I submit a
patch, but basically when a call connects, EC gets turned on in a bunch
of places, even after the "If Bridged, and config says no EC, then don't
EC!" check happens.  So we removed the Turn_EC_on code after the
EC_when_bridged check takes place and everything works great on voice
calls and data calls.

--Greg