[asterisk-dev] Dialplan code to simulate calls

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Oct 31 16:56:15 MST 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Andre Courchesne wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    Anyone has dialplan code, and willing to share it, that would
> simulate  inbound calls being answered, hanged-up, disconnected, busy,...
>
>    I want to stress load test a dialer code and I would put 2 Asterisk
> servers back-to-back using T1s.
>
>    Server A would run my dialer application dialing to server B over the
> T1s.
>
>    Server B would run the dialplan and simulate answer conditions
> (probably random).
>
>    Any pointers welcome.

You may want to look at the SIPP load testing program, which is very very
powerful and able to do lots more than just the simple tests that you are
looking to do. That won't solve the dial-plan code issue, but in my case,
I usually do the following

Answer()
Wait(1)
Playback(tt-monkeys)
Hangup()

You can add some additional stuff in there if you want...

                             KP-216-121-ST