[asterisk-dev] Realtime caching or something else? (SIP retransmit#1)

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Tue Oct 31 10:18:43 MST 2006

I can't say I know enough about the underlying mechanisms to say if this
is (readily) possible, but it would be nice to be able to mark (via
database column or similar mechanism depending on the underlying data
store) entries for addition/removal.

For example, issuing a reload command of some kind might load all
entries whose insertion date/time (timestamp, whatever) is after a
certain value (maps well into database queries and LDAP queries alike).
Another one might (based on DB boolean or LDAP AVP) remove all entries
in memory that are marked for removal.

Of course, outside tools could probably be made to do this as an
abstraction to the removal/addition of individual peers/contexts/etc.,
since they will likely be the ones inserting/removing entries in the
DB/LDAP to begin with.

- Brad