[asterisk-dev] Re: How to busy out PRI channels?

Josh McAllister josh at singletouch.net
Mon Oct 30 15:56:58 MST 2006

Disclaimer: I am not an expert on ISDN, nor do I play one on TV.

That said, I do know this: Most (if not all) traditional Big-Iron
systems do have a mechanism for "Busying-out" individual B channels,
which seems to be honored by the switch side in terms of hunting / etc.

In addition it looks like some work (incomplete) has been done on this
in the form of implementing Q.931 SERVice / SERVice ACK messages.
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3450

I too would love to see this working. I manage a pool of IVR servers
that get hammered pretty hard... if * had this ability, I could write a
script that would start busying out channels if load averages got too
high, allowing calls to hunt to another server.

Josh McAllister

<asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com>

> yet
> > from