[asterisk-dev] [patch] adding username from registration to peer state ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Mon Oct 30 00:12:48 MST 2006

[summary - i suggested to save the content of the From: field
from devices when they register, for use in a GUI so the operator
can see names as opposed to just numbers]

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 09:16:40PM +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> 29 okt 2006 kl. 20.06 skrev Luigi Rizzo:
> > i am working on a GUI and i noticed that when the remote parties
> > register to asterisk, asterisk doesn't know anything they tell it
> > except the contact.
> Why should we need it?
>
> We can save a lot of stuff devices tell us, but I fail to see the
> application
> for it. The only thing we haven't got is the display name in the
> From: header,
> but in most cases, I would not trust what the device tell me.

... but when the same info is sent in as a callerid, you give the
administrator the option to use it or overwrite it.
I find that inconsistent. All i am suggesting is to give the
administrator the option also in case of registers.

	cheers
	luigi