[asterisk-dev] [patch] adding username from registration to peer state ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Sun Oct 29 12:06:53 MST 2006

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 07:19:48PM +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:

> 27 okt 2006 kl. 11.31 skrev Luigi Rizzo:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:31:40AM +0200, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> >> inbound or outbound registrations?
> >
> > inbound
> >
> >> The Contact is certainly saved, and that's the interesting part.
> >> Why should the From header be interesting?
> >
> > because it does not seem to carry the name. E.g. my HT286 does this
> > (addresses replaced with x.x.x.x). As you see, the Contact: has
> > nothing useful, and the name is in the From: field.
>
> When is that useful? You will get it as caller ID when you get a call.

i am working on a GUI and i noticed that when the remote parties
register to asterisk, asterisk doesn't know anything they tell it
except the contact.

an operator may decide not to rely on that info, but
dropping it unconditionally seems too much.

In any case it's just a trivial patch to implement, and if you are
worried about memory bloat I can always move the
peer descriptor to use AST_STRING_FIELDs to recover a lot of
memory (there are 19 large strings now in the descriptor).

	cheers
	luigi