[asterisk-dev] How to busy out PRI channels?

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:13:49 MST 2006

On 10/24/06, Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> I want to create a CLI or Manager command to busy and un-busy channels
> in a PRI trunk, without actually making real calls.

I really need this for maintenance on media gateways. If I want to reboot
one of my boxes that have DS1's plugged in to it, I want to do it
gracefully. My ideal solution would be to have a 'stop new calls' from the
CLI that would not only throw idal channels into a busy state, it would
monitor active channels as to immediately put those channels into a busy
state. This would allow me to take an entire box out of service gracefully.

I agree that this is a much needed feature. Also, please don't limit this to
just PRI's. A lot of us still use LD T1's. In my case, e&m_w.

-Brian