[asterisk-dev] Re: How to busy out PRI channels?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 07:30:48 MST 2006

In article <7194302c0610260149p2a142445h790e89e18ca26e70 at mail.gmail.com>,
Morten Isaksen <misak at misak.dk> wrote:

> On 10/26/06, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> >
> > This would rock if you could mark a channel as not available while it is
> > off-hook.
> >
> > You could then "busy out" all channels on a span and when all channels
> > were on-hook you could disconnect the span for maintenance or whatever.
>
> Yes, this would be a very nice feature!
>
> As of now we can only stop makeing outgoing calls on the span but not
> control what channels the telco sends incomming calls on.

How do you stop certain channels from being used for outgoing calls?
Do you have an on-the-fly method, or do you have to edit the channel
list in zapata.conf and reload?

Anyway, that's two replies approving of the feature, but none yet from
anyone with any hints about accomplishing it. Perhaps when folks have
finished at Astricon....

Cheers
Tony
--