[asterisk-dev] Re: Pthread wrapper updates

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Oct 26 04:42:31 MST 2006

SF Markus Elfring wrote:
> I propose to use abnormal program termination consistently.
> Can you see the relevance now?
> Does my alternative description show the opportunities for the requested corrections?

Sure, but it does nothing to improve the situation except to reiterate
that the code could be better.

None of the places that you find that don't check the return values are
doing it because we make a conscious decision not to; they are doing it
because that's the pattern that was always present in the code and
everyone follows the existing pattern.

If you want to improve the situation, supply patches that do so...
that's the best way to get the job done. No matter how many people may
agree with you, it's unlikely that any of the existing developers were
just sitting around with spare time waiting for someone to suggest work
for them to do :-)