[asterisk-dev] CLI: list vs show ? (Re: [asterisk-commits] oej: branch 1.4 r46216 - /branches/1.4/channels/chan_sip.c)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Oct 25 16:37:25 MST 2006

Steve Edwards wrote:
> What was the inspiration for changing the command syntax?

It was already headed in that direction. You could not list SIP peers by
typing 'show sip peers', it was 'sip show peers'. All we did was make an
effort to make it consistent and logically organized.

It is _not_ "noun verb", it is "category noun verb". I don't think very
many people would want 50+ commands that all start with 'show' and tab
completion that crosses all the possible categories.