[asterisk-dev] Proposing meetme patch

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Wed Oct 25 10:02:58 MST 2006

Hi Dan,

thanks for your answer,

> I dealt with this in a custom app that sets the meetme options based
> on the entered PIN.  You could accomplish the same thing with
> dialplan logic, but PIN management would be a bit more cumbersome
> (which you seem to address as not an option)

We just solved the problem with dialplan logic to have a quick fix. I still think that a small patch to app_meetme might be the better solution in the long run.

> To add to the complexity, will every conference the customer hosts
> follow this model, or will there be any conferences that can start
> immediately without supervision?

Both.

> In either case I don't see that
> automatically "marking" callers using the AdminPIN as a horrible
> idea.

That's what I thought as well. I suppose an additional flag to MeetMe to allow this behaviour might be the easiest solution and could find its way to trunk faster due to the small complexity and testing requirements. I yet fail to see why there is the need for separate admin and moderator roles though.

Another thought: I could patch the "w" option to react on admins as well. Better yet: Create the "W" option that will react on moderator _and_ admins. Might be more consistent.

Regards,
  JP