[asterisk-dev] Proposing meetme patch

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Wed Oct 25 05:37:49 MST 2006

Hi,

this is the problem:

The customer wants do have users dial into a conference but the conference shall start when the moderator enters the conference. He wants to distinguish users and moderators via seperate pins. We tried using the admin pin option in meetme.conf. If a user enters the adminpin he is admin but not moderator, therefore the "w" flag will not work. Either I am missing something or the seperate PIN system cannot be used for this task (not counting the possibility of authentication in the dialplan and callint meetme with or without the "A" flag) of course.

I am willing to patch app_meetme and release the code but wanted to get your opinion first. One possibility is to create a new option telling meetme that administrators are moderators. So if someone logs in with the Admin-PIN he/she is "marked" automatically. The other possiblity would be to create a third pin for moderators but I do not favor this solution. What do you think?

Regards,
  JP