[asterisk-dev] Jitter Buffer

zoachien at securax.org zoachien at securax.org
Tue Oct 24 11:03:11 MST 2006

We should not dejitter when possible, we should dejitter when we need to
because the receiving endpoint cannot do dejittering.
Sip to iax should not dejitter, as the endpoints should dejitter, the
reason for this is that if we do dejittering in the middle, and another
time on the endpoints, the total delay because of dejittering will be
bigger than needed.

A configuration file for applications might make sense, for example if
you do recordings because of line quality checks, you don't want the
jitter buffer to be active, as you want the real thing with the gaps
etc, but if you want recordings for monitoring people, you will want it
because it will be nicer to listen to.

Zoa