[asterisk-dev] How to busy out PRI channels?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 09:31:37 MST 2006

I want to create a CLI or Manager command to busy and un-busy channels
in a PRI trunk, without actually making real calls.

Does chan_zap have any API functions that I can call to do this, or do
I need to create some new functionality? How about libpri?

The objective is that a busied-out channel (a) will not be available
for dialing out on - it would be skipped in group dialling and would
give CHANUNAVAIL if called explicitly, and (b) would not be used for
incoming calls - I assume there would be some D-channel signalling
involved to mark the channel as busy.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be very
appreciative!

Cheers
Tony
--