[asterisk-dev] threading

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 07:30:17 MST 2006

> I've a question. Does asterisk use threading when execute application? I
> mean whether all applications are
> duplicated for each user in memory (which are registered as
> ast_register_application). And how many users can asterisk supply at
> one time usually?
Asterisk use one thread for each channel executing applications on the
PBX, so, is not a thread for each application, but a thread for each
channel in the PBX. Note that some applications, like Dial(), create
other channels, but in the same thread as the application executor.

Kind Regards

Moises Silva
--
"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"