[asterisk-dev] Re: https support now in trunk (please read)

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Oct 24 05:40:52 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 07:25 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> > yes there is no fopencookie manpage, but the call is present e.g. on
> > the linux box where you gave me an account, and where i actually
> > tested that the code was correctly handling https.
> > You can try for yourself.
> >
> > Note that fopencookie(), as well as funopen(), has no relation with
> > ssl itself: they are only wrappers that let you install your own
> > handlers (functions - that's what the fun in funopen() stands for) to do the
> > low-level I/O on a FILE, replacing read write seek and close.
>
> Ahh, OK. Now I understand. Thanks!

There's no man page because the the FSF doesn't believe in man pages
(IIRC).  Any man pages that describe GNU libraries/programs have been
written by other people.  Anyway, here's a link to the GNU C Library
manual that explains fopencookie:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Streams-and-Cookies.html

Jeff