[asterisk-dev] Problem with Asterisk realtime ?

Oded Arbel oded at atelis.net
Mon Oct 23 10:49:02 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 16:54 +0200, Oded Arbel wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 14:15 -0300, Joshua Colp wrote:
> > Oded Arbel wrote:
> > > Funny thing though - I was sure that it was working correctly this
> > > morning.. I did restart the asterisk several times, just to see if this
> > > would cause it to behave, but no luck. I just tested and other settings
> > > (such as 'secret' and 'name') don't refresh either. Adding a new sip
> > > peer to the realtime database does work immediately without a reload.
>
> > Do you have realtime caching enabled? If so the database won't be
> > touched again until it disappears from memory.
>
> Yes, I have. I understand that voicemail MWI won't work otherwise ? Is
> it possible to set caching to be less aggressive - maybe clean entries
> from the cache after a timeout ?

Well, I indeed solved the problem by disabling 'rtcachefriends', but
then I wanted to add DUNDi into the mix.

My setup is to have 'regcontext' setup in sip.conf so that registered
users are automatically added to a specific context. DUNDi can then
lookup users that are registered in that context. With 'rtcachefriends'
enabled, everything works fine, but with 'rtcachefriends' disabled,
Asterisk still claims that it adds registered SIP users to the context:
<log>
-- SIP Seeding peer from astdb: '333' at 333 at 62.90.116.111:5066 for 3600
-- Added extension '333' priority 1 to dundi-priv-local
</log>
But they don't show up in 'dialplan show' (while previously they did)
and DUNDi also don't think they are added as DUNDi lookups now fail.

After re-enabling 'rtcachefriends' DUNDi lookups work, but I'm back to
the old problem of having to do a full 'sip reload' whenever the
database info is updated.

I'm thinking at least one of these behaviors is a bug - what do you
think ?

--
Oded Arbel
Atelis
oded at atelis.net
Tel: +972-54-7340014
::..
Finagle's laws for existentialists -
11.If in any problem you find yourself doing an immense amount of work,
the answer can be obtained by a simple inspection.